Welcome the first buds of Spring Morikami style this year at their 39th annual Hatsume Fair in Boca Raton. This weekend fair is fun for the entire family with things for adults and kids to enjoy. There will be 3 stages with performances, demonstrations, and an Anime costume contest. Come with an empty stomach and enjoy the award-winning Cornell Cafe's a-la-carte menu or partake in the event's special festival foods. Adults can imbibe special imported Sake and Kirin Beers or shop for hand-crafted items featured at the fair. Children will have games and crafts to enjoy as well as martial arts demonstrations, Taiko drumming and Anime characters to marvel at. The Yamato-Kan with it's wonderful interactive Japan Through The Eyes of a Child xhibit will be open for exploration. If you need a break from all of the action, take a stroll through the serene and picturesque Japanese gardens. Members have free entrance. Not a member? Consider joining at the Hatsume fair and receive 10% of the fee as well as an extra month on your annual membership! Parking is ample and free but wear comfortable shoes in case you have to walk a distance just to get in.
Happening @ Hatsume
- Taiko drumming performances
- Martial art and sogetsu flower arranging demonstrations
- Japanese dance and samurai sword fighting performances
- Cosplay and costume contests
- Avenues of artisan booths, anime dealers, and plant sales
- Japanese street fair food vendors
- Kirin Beer Garden
- Sake Station
- Samurai Sword Fighting
- Children’s activities
- and much more!
- Online in Advance: $12 for adults (ages 11+), $6 for children (ages 3 -10)
- Weekend Passes Online Only: $17 for adults (ages 11+), $11 for children (ages 3 -10)
- At the Gate: $15 for adults (ages 11+), $10 for children (ages 3 -10)
- FREE for Morikami members and kids under 3
Anime @ Hatsume
Enjoy a variety of anime offerings including the Hatsume arcade in the Morikami Theater, shop an array of anime vendors and dealers, take a picture with your favorite anime characters and superheroes under the Anime Tent, and strut your stuff at the costume or fashion show contests on the Pikachu Stage!
Shop dozens of artisan, craft and plant vendors on festival grounds and Morikami’s distinctive Museum Store – including the Sweet Shop – inside the museum building.
Just for Kids @ Hatsume
Check out our favorite Hatsume activities for kids including ribbon kites, kids’ garden tours, facepainting and more!