Oshogatsu: A New Years Celebration will be held on January 9, 2022 at Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach. The New Year is Japan’s most important and celebrated holiday. Morikami will be ringing in their 39th annual New Year’s celebration with the tastes, sights and sounds that define the traditional Japanese New Year as well as our own.
Tickets are non-refundable and Oshogatsu is a rain or shine event
FREE for museum members and children 3 & under
To do at Oshogatsu:
Japanese street fair food and drink, entertainment, and activities for the whole family. From , enjoy garden tours, shopping on vendor row, bonsai and tea demos, and more.
AT OSHOGATSU, ENJOY:
- Sado tea ceremony
- Omikuji, Japanese fortune telling ($1 with paid admission)
- Mochitsuki, or rice-pounding to make mochi cakes
- Shishimai, meet the lion dancer as he ushers in the New Year to the beat of the taiko drum!
- Hands-on craft and kids activities
- Open air koto musical performances
- Japanese festival foods, the Kirin Beer Garden and Sake Station
- Japanese Gardens 101
- Bonsai Demonstrations
- The Sweet Shop at the Museum Store
- Exclusive Oshogatsu tees by the Fine Print Shoppe
TASTING ROOM PRICING (includes festival admission):