YOU ARE INVITED to National Night Out on August 1, 2017!
The Delray Beach Police Department is inviting residents to attend a neighborhood party to celebrate National Night Out, “America’s Night Out Against Crime.”
It is fun, dynamic, family-friendly event, which is part of a national campaign to promote police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie.
Police officials are also encouraging residents to lock their doors, turn on their outside lights to show their support for this event and to spend the evening with their neighbors, community groups, public safety officers and their city officials. This is a great way to encourage SAFETY with kids as well as expose them to important community helpers.
The free party will be from 7 to 10 p.m.
National Night Out is an excellent way to build neighborhood relationships and to strengthen police and community partnerships. In Delray Beach, there will be activities, music, food and entertainment. Kids will enjoy seeing police cars and demonstrations from the SWAT team, K-9 officers, Traffic (motorcycle unit) and the Police Explorers.
Founded in 1984, National Night Out goals are:
- Heighten crime awareness and drug-prevention awareness
- Promote involvement in crime prevention, police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie.
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit
- Send a message to criminals that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back