"RAIL - A Steampunk Journey," produced by Rivet Nation, will enchant participants with a day full of retro-futuristic festivities, entertainment, films, music, art, performances and more! This event will take place at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum in south Miami Dade county.
It’s a fun-filled day of family friendly excitement.
Admission is only $10 per person!
RAIL - A Steampunk Journey will encompass a whole afternoon’s worth of exciting events and opportunities, including but not limited to:
• Art exhibit featuring works inspired by the steampunk aesthetic. This year’s main theme will be “Time Travel.”
• Live painting of a full-sized train wagon by local artists.
• Music and entertainment by various local performers.
• Food, drink and other merchandise sold by vendors in our “Alley of Curiosities.”
• A screening of science fiction short films by the Miami International Science Fiction Film Festival.
• Guided tours of the facilities by museum staf (museum entrance is included with the $10 event price of admission.) Paid train rides will be available.
• A scavenger hunt and talks by local experts explaining the evolution of steam-power technology to educate the community about scientific history.
• The opportunity to cosplay and enjoy the myriad creations of other cosplayers as they express their inner steampunk style.