During National Hispanic Heritage Month and in honor of its 15th anniversary, Dolphin Mall invites families and friends to enjoy free, family-oriented entertainment to recognize the important role that Latinos and Hispanics have had in shaping Miami and the nation. Beginning September 15 through October 15, exciting live performances will take place each Saturday that feature the colors, culture and sounds of those originating from Latin American countries. “This year is very special to us because not only are we celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, we are also commemorating Dolphin Mall’s 15th anniversary. This month-long Quinceañera allows us to enjoy the rich and diverse cultures that call Miami home,” said Madelyn Bello Calvar, Dolphin Mall’s marketing and sponsorship director. “From sounds of the mariachi to the passionate flamenco dance, we will offer a unique snapshot of Hispanic culture and entertainment at our shopping center.”
As part of the festivities, live performances will take place at Dolphin Mall’s Ramblas Plaza stage every Saturday at 7 p.m. Additionally, select restaurants will offer patrons 15 percent off their purchase every Thursday throughout the month when presenting the Hispanic Heritage flyer available throughout the mall.
Scheduled performances include:
• September 17: Mariachi Internacional – South Florida’s original Mexican mariachi group.
• September 24: Bolivia Magica – Group dedicated to the musical and folkloric expression of Bolivian culture.
• October 1: Puerta de Oro de Colombia – Provides a look into Colombian culture and folklore throughout the ages through music.
• October 8: Flamenco Puro – Enjoy traditional flamenco by one of Miami’s premiere dance companies.
• October 15: Cuero Trancao – Dedicated to showcasing Venezuela’s classic drum sounds.
For more information about Hispanic Heritage month and other events coming to Dolphin Mall, visit www.shopdolphinmall.com/events. Dolphin Mall is Miami-Dade County’s largest outlet and retail value shopping center blending the hottest concepts in theme entertainment and dining with an unparalleled offering of more than 240 value-oriented stores.