Closing Weekend at the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science (3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129). Join the museum one last time for a special museum experience at the museum’s current location: take a family picture with the iconic Pan AM globe, watch a show in the historic Space Transit Planetarium, view our nostalgia gallery and more.
For more than 65 years, Miami’s science museum has been a source of inspiration, welcoming millions of visitors from its beginnings as the Junior League of Miami to the Miami Science Museum, and recently, the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science. The current location of the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science will close Sunday, August 30 at 10:00 PM. Walk down memory lane and visit the Coconut Grove location for a final farewell. During the final weekend the museum will feature two days of engaging, educational experiences including live science demonstrations, Planetarium shows, interactive technology demos, special programming, animal encounters and more. The museum will even stay open late on its final day!
Date and Time:
Saturday, August 29: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30: 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Children 12 and under are free with paid adult admission.
Museum activities and demonstrations during the weekend include:
· Test your robot control skills in the robot arena with Starbot.
· Take part in a lionfish dissection and learn more about this invasive species with Biscayne National Park.
· Join REM Learning Center's Play Make Share program on Saturday to tinker with simple electronics and use a combination of recycled products and craft materials to make everything from unique flying contraptions to child size cardboard tube architecture.
· Participate in the Makers Black Box and power tomorrow for a lesson in renewable energy.
· Ready to cool down? Discover the powerful effects of liquid nitrogen (at –325 degrees Fahrenheit!) on everyday items. Get ready to shatter your beliefs!
· Explore the world of fossils by viewing real fossils and amber.
· Meet the Sea Lab experts and interact with its resident shrimp, sea urchins and sea stars.
· Animal encounters and visits with the resident birds and wildlife at the Batchelor Wildlife Center.
· Create your own slime and take it home with you.
· Test your engineering skills with the Society of Women Engineers from Florida International University.
· Learn about South Florida marine life and more with CappSci’s Miami Science Barge.
In addition, visitors can enjoy the museum’s #FrostScienceMemories nostalgia exhibit featuring memorable items from its storied history. Famed Cheeseburger Baby food truck will be onsite for food purchases.
Limited free parking is available at the museum. Public transportation is encouraged: located next to Vizcaya Metro Station and Brickell Miami Trolley stop
RSVP: No RSVP required