Do your part to keep beautiful BISCAYNE BAY clean at this annual Miami Dade event. Baynanza runs for several weeks across the county and includes family-friendly activities that involve workshops, presentations, special exhibits, nature kies & tours as well as the big clean up day on April 16th. In the past, over 40 TONS of trash and recyclable materials were collected at Baynanza with over 6000 volunteers participating. What better way to celebrate Earth Day than giving back to our local environment with your time and care!?
Volunteers will receive a free commemorative T-shirt. This year’s chosen design was done by Tatiana Loo, from St. Thomas the Apostle School. T-shirts are available for registered Cleanup Day volunteers at each site (size preference subject to availability).
Online registration for the Cleanup Day is open. Register now.
For more information, call 305-372-6784.
- See the calendar with all Baynanza events
Event Registration & Cleanup Sites
Registration for Baynanza cleanup sites is almost full, but there are still some locations available. Register today before they are all filled.
- Register as a volunteer
There is also limited availability at Baynanza's boat sites, where volunteers will be transported on boats to nearby islands in Biscayne Bay. Some locations are also kayak-friendly.
- Register as a boat captain
LOCATIONS for 2016
- Pelican Harbor - 1285 NE 79 Street, Miami - District 3 - (B)
- Morningside Park - 750 NE 55 Terrace, Miami - District 3 - (K,Y,B)
- Julia Tuttle Causeway - Eastbound Lanes - 195 - District 3
- Oleta River State Park - 3400 NE 163 Street, North Miami Beach - District 4 - (K,Y)
- Haulover Beach Park - 10800 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach - District 4
- Surfside - 9301 Collins Avenue, Surfside - District 4 - (K)
- Maurice Gibb Park - Purdy Avenue and 18 Street, Miami Beach - District 4 – (B)
- FIU North Campus - NE 151 Street and Biscayne Boulevard, Miami - District 4 - (B)
- E G Sewell Park - 1825 NW South River Drive, Miami - District 5 - (K)
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens - 3251 South Miami Avenue, Miami - District 7
- Shake-A-Leg - 2600 S. Bayshore Drive, Miami - District 7 - (B)
- Historic Virginia Key Beach - Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami - District 7 - (K)
- Rickenbacker Causeway - Just after the toll - District 7 - (K, Y)
- Crandon Park - 4000 Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne - District 7 - (K)
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park - 1200 South Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne - District 7 - (K)
- Matheson Hammock Park - 9610 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables - District 7 – (K, Y)
- Chapman Field Park - 13610 Old Cutler Road, Palmetto Bay - District 7
- Deering Estate - 16701 SW 72 Avenue, Palmetto Bay - District 8 - (K, Y)
- Black Point Marina - 24775 SW 87 Avenue, Cutler Bay - District 8 - (Y)
- Palmetto Bay Village Center - 18001 Old Cutler Road, Palmetto Bay - District 8
- Homestead Bayfront Park - 9698 SW 328 Street, Homestead - District 9 - (K)
- Biscayne National Park - 9700 SW 328 Street, Homestead - District 9 - (Y)
Codes: (K) kid friendly, (Y) appropriate for canoes and kayaks, (B) boat site
What to Bring
Volunteer T-shirts and trash bags will be provided.
In addition to work gloves and closed-toe shoes (tennis shoes), volunteers are recommended to bring the following:
- Extra water
- Mosquito repellent
- Hat or visor