Here ye! Here ye! All ye Kings and Queens, Knights and Nobles - and the rest of you wenches and barbarians! You are hereby notified by royal proclamation that your attendance is requested at the 27th annual Florida Renaissance Festival taking place from February 9th through March 24th, in the two-thousandth and eighteenth year A.D in the vast open land of Deerfield Beach's Quiet Waters Park. The iconic Florida Renaissance Festival will ring in its 27th season, with an extraordinary SEVEN weekends taking you on a fantastical journey back in time with a variety of fan favorite acts and performances.
Upon stepping inside the gates of our village, attendees will be transported back to 16th-century Europe where they will find jesters, jugglers and jousting knights along with music, costumed characters, human powered games, artisan craft shops and enough food & drink for a royal family feast! It's a full day of fun and entertainment where the entire family can experience the magic of the Renaissance era through an immersive interactive, real audience-participation scenario. The Florida Renaissance Festival has grown into one of the nation's most beloved events dedicated to recreating the historical era of the Renaissance, each year adding more entertainment and themed weekends while welcoming a crowd that has swelled over the years to nearly 100,000 annual attendees, and with more than two million people having participated over the course of the Festival's 26 years.
"Being able to provide this alternate universe where attendees can immerse themselves in the rich history that is the Renaissance is something my team and I take great pride in," said Bobby Rodriguez, Founder and Producer of the Florida Renaissance Festival. "We are proud to have the continuous support of the county, the city and our community which enables us to grow this event each year, resulting in a culturally enriching festival for people of all ages." Rodriguez has continuously raised the bar when it comes to incorporating new experiences into the Festival. Through his forward-thinking, he has set the standard for festivals of this nature to go "beyond Renaissance" by booking a variety of acts ranging from the Orient to Africa, as well as diversified themed weekends. In fact, this year's Festival will introduce two newly themed weekends!
Be sure to check out our REVIEW for families from RenFest 2015 here.
Join your fellow revellers as they enjoy the spectacle with comedic magicians, fire eaters, stilt walkers, jugglers, duelists and more! Laugh more than you have in years. Take a seat and relax while you watch a one man band perform, Celtic dancers, fife and harp, minstrels and several other musical performances throughout the venue perform. There will literally be over a hundred performers throughout the event both on the stage and off. There are 12 stages for performances! Visitors can browse through the Enchanted Crafts Village where over one hundred merchants and artisans demonstrate and sell their wares. Guests can see glass blowing, hammered pewter, wooden toys, unique pottery, clothing and much more.
School groups and scouting groups (Girl Scouts & Boy Scouts can earn a patch) are welcomed with open arms and escorted about the festivities by staff. All kids will enjoy the Kids’ Kingdom play area with games, bounce house castles, crafts and activities for children. Kids will love the opportunity to be knighted or become a "lady" during a special ceremony. Several of the performances are geared toward families like Ye Olde Tale of Robin Hood & St. George and the Dragon, Faire Stories, storytellers, Ye Olde Magic and Flea Circus and more! See the COMPLETE LIST of the entertainment line up for 2019!
This event is a "don't miss" event for the South Florida area.
The Florida Renaissance Festival LAST YEAR (2018) Acts & Performances included:
* History of Chivalry - Live Steel Fighting Join the History of Chivalry and experience the excitement of yesteryear as fully armored knights go to battle for their honor. Experience real Medieval style combat at its hardest and finest!
* Blue Mermaid Designs Gaze upon these legendary, beautiful aquatic creatures as they frolic both under the water and above the sea while captivating audiences. But beware as legend has it their beauty can lure sailors to their underwater palace for eternity!
* Cirque Brava A visual delight for the whole family! Two high-flying, wise-crackin' acrobats who defy gravity through their aerial performances.
* Stary Olsa A medieval Belarusian music band of six who mix early Belarusian instruments sound with all-European mediaeval instruments such as lute, rebec, cister, flute and Arabic drum.
* Thom Bedlam - Pirate close-up magician Not your average rabbit-puller, this pirate magician will delight with a full spectrum of magic that will keep audiences guessing. A spectacular stage illusion show for the whole family.
* Anger of the Mistress - Trebouchet Come witness an amazing demonstration of a medieval trebouchet - a catapult used to smash castle walls or throw projectiles over them. Definitely a powerful tool for a Medieval woman scorned!
The Florida Renaissance Festival is produced by the nationally acclaimed Bobby Rodriguez Productions and strives to create an entertaining and cultural experience for adults and children alike. The sponsors of the 2018 Florida Renaissance Festival Comcast, Warsteiner, Guinness, Pepsi-Cola and Funky Buddha Brewery.
Prices range from $25 for adults and $12 for children ages 6 to 11 years of age. Children 5 and younger are free. Special seasonal passes are available for $106 (adults), $59 (children) and group ticket rates are also offered.
While costumes are not necessary for admittance, thousands of people each year enhance their experience by donning garb from the Renaissance era, or participate in one of the festival's special themed weekends.
For tickets and more information visit: ren-fest.com; Find us on Facebook: Florida Renaissance Festival; Follow us on Twitter: FlaRenFest and Instagram/flarenfest. Download our festival mobile app by searching Florida Renaissance Festival in the Apple iTunes store or Android market. If you prefer the historical method, call 954-776-1642.