Mom's have kissed the scrapes, cooked, cleaned, and been on the Mama Clock around the clock. On this one day each year we take pause to appreciate all that MOM has done for us and how much she means to us year round. Mother's Day is the day when we hope to lighten Mom's load and fill her day with love, affection and special treats. South Florida Finds has once again pulled together some wonderful ideas for giving Momma a special day here in South Florida. Don't forget to include grandparents and other special ladies in the kids' lives on this special occaision. Here are some wonderful options to explore:
1) Cook a Meal with the Kids for Mom
3) Stroll around the grounds of one of South Florida's lovely GARDENS.
- Mom's pay only $10 per person for Butterfly World in Coconut Creek Friday to Saturday. No limit to the number of mom's in the group!
- Mounts Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach is gorgeous and only costs $5/person (recommended donation)
4) Speaking of Gardens, several will offer a special Mother's Day Tea or Brunch for 2016:
- Morikami Gardens in Boca Raton
- Flamingo Gardens in Davie Mom's get in Free to the Garden (does not include brunch) with paying guest.
- Fairchild Gardens in Miami
5) Indulge in a special meal at a fancy pants restaurant. Here's a list of Mother's Day specials across the area.
7) FLOWERS--Grab some great ones at your local Trader Joes or Publix or have them delivered to her work using a Groupon.
8) Do something ADVENTUROUS with mom!
9) Treat Mom to a SPA treatment. Many have deals especially for Mother's Day.
10) Take Mom to see something cute and cuddly at an Animal Encounter attraction.
11) Go Paddleboarding, parasailing, surfing, snorkelling...there are gorgeous beaches all around us!
12) Rapids Water Park is letting Moms in FREE on Mother's Day, take her for a BRAIN DRAIN experience on their new featured ride. Offer good when accompanied by paying child both Saturday & Sunday of Mother's Day weekend.
13) Get a FREE Orchid after shopping in Downtown Delray Beach thanks to the Delray DDA. Their annual Downtown Orchid Giveaway will be from April 30-May 7 in honor of Mother’s Day. Shop at over 300 fashion boutiques, SPA, salons and more (excludes restaurant receipts) and spend at least $200. Swing by one of the orchid stations before you head home for a gorgeous plant. Hours are from 11-3 in front of Hand's Stationary store.
14) Make Something with Mom Paint on canvas or ceramics and make an experience into a memento for her to keep in years to come. Several businesses across South Florida offer opportunities to do an art project together!
16) Take in the Fort Lauderdale AIR SHOW on the beach!
17) Shower her with chocolates from a local artisan shop like Hoffman's or Kilwins. Or, make it really special with some Melting Pot fondue chocolate!
18) Enjoy a local staycation on the beach with the entire family for Mother's Day weekend.